Our services

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

You can immigrate to Canada under the following programs:

  • Family Sponsorship
  • Business
  • Economic
  • Provincial Nominee Program

Immigration to a new country can be a very stressful, challenging and probably the most important decision you make in your life. However, if you are reading this, chances are that you have taken the first step in understanding what it takes to come to Canada be it to study, work or immigrate permanently to Canada and we are here to help you accomplish your dream every step of the way.

Being prepared, having a plan and knowing what to expect after you arrive can provide a major relief to both you and your family.
Canada is an immigrant-based country and every year, accepts about 250,000 immigrants that come to this country looking to make it their home. We all leave behind loved ones, families, friends and colleagues in the hope of attaining a better future, higher quality of life and peace of mind. Your decision to immigrate to Canada is an exciting opportunity but also a great challenge and for that, being adequately prepared is of paramount importance.
With Altoria Immigration, we are not only your consultants, but we will accompany you along the way providing advice and comfort during the application process, immigration and also help you settle in this wonderful country if you decide to choose so.

1. Sponsor your spouse , partner or dependent child

As of October 25, 2012, sponsored spouses or partners must live with their sponsor in a legitimate relationship for two years from the day they get their permanent resident status in Canada.

This applies to you if:
• a permanent resident or Canadian citizen is sponsoring you,
• you and your sponsor have been in a relationship for two years or less,
• you have no children in common and
• we got your application on or after October 25, 2012

There are two steps to the application process for your spouse, partner or children to become permanent residents.

1. As a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you must apply to sponsor your family member.
2. Your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children must apply for permanent residence.

Sponsorship eligibility is a very subjective process and because of numerous cases of marriage fraud, CIC officers need to be convinced that the spousal sponsorship is a legitimate bond.

Mistakes can happen if you do not know the laws and an application is improperly completed; moreover correction of such mistakes can be a nightmare and can lead to shattered dreams of reuniting loved ones. We are Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants and have a plethora of knowledge to help guide you in this matter.


2. Sponsoring adopted children and other eligible relatives as follows:

• a child whom you adopted outside Canada and you were a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada at the time the adoption took place, or a child whom you intend to adopt in Canada;
• your brother or sister, nephew or niece, grandson or granddaughter, if he or she is an orphan, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship;
• any other person, regardless of age, with whom you have a family relationship if you do not have a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, son, daughter, mother, father, brother, sister, grandfather, grandmother, uncle, aunt, niece or nephew who is a Canadian citizen, a registered Indian, a permanent resident or whom you may sponsor as a member of the family class.


3. Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship

The pause on the acceptance of new application for the sponsorship of parents and grandparents ended on January 1, 2014. The program reopened on January 2, 2014. Only 5,000 completed applications will be accepted in 2014.

If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you may be able to sponsor your parent or grandparent to become a permanent resident under the Family Class (FC).

If you sponsor your parent or grandparent to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you must make every reasonable effort to provide for your own essential needs and those of your parent or grandparent. You are responsible for supporting your parent or grandparent financially when he or she arrives. As a sponsor, you must make sure your parent or grandparent does not need to seek social assistance from the government.

The main changes are with respect to the length of undertaking for sponsorship of parents, grandparents and their accompanying dependents are as follows:
• An extended undertaking period for sponsors of parents and grandparents and their accompanying dependents to 20 years;
• An increased Minimum Net Income (MNI) equivalent to the annual MNI plus 30%;
• Evidence of income limited exclusively to documents issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA);
• A lengthened period for demonstrating ability to meet the MNI from one year to three years.


4. Parent/Grandparent Super visa

Currently, most visitors to Canada may visit for up to six months when they first enter Canada. Visitors who wish to stay longer must apply for an extension, and pay a new fee.
With the parent and grandparent super visa, eligible parents and grandparents can visit family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew their status.
The Super Visa is a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years. The key difference between the Super Visa and the multiple entry visa is that the Super Visa allows an individual to stay for up to two years on each entry into Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only.

There are also specific requirements that you must meet to be able to get a super visa.

Moreover, even if you are visa exempt, you may still benefit from the parent and grandparent super visa program.

We understand the challenges and obstacles that newly landed immigrants face and thus hope to transfer this knowledge to you.

1. Self Employed
To be eligible as a self-employed person, you must:
a. Have relevant experience, and intend and be able to be self-employed in Canada. Your experience is relevant if you have:
• taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level,
• been self-employed in cultural activities or athletics, or
• experience in managing a farm.

b. Selection Criteria will be assessed based on the following factors:

• experience,
• education,
• age,
• language abilities, and
• adaptability.

c. Medical, security and other requirements should be met by obtaining the following:

• medical exam and
• police certificates.

You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

2. Start-Up Visa
To be eligible to receive a start-up visa, you must:
a. Prove your business venture or idea is supported by a designated organization
Before you apply for the start-up visa, you must convince a designated organization to support your business idea. If the designated organization supports your business idea, it will give you a Letter of Support.
b. Meet the language requirements
Being able to communicate and work in English, French or both will help your business in Canada.
You must prove your ability in English or French in all four areas of speaking, reading, listening and writing and meet the minimum language level otherwise your application will be refused.
c. Meet the education requirements
You must provide proof of your education with your application.
d. Have sufficient settlement funds
The Government of Canada does not provide financial support to new Start-up business visa immigrants.
You must show that. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to support the costs of living for your family.
You will need to provide proof of your funds when you submit your application for immigration that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependents after you arrive in Canada.
The amount of money you need depends on the size of your family. These amounts are updated every year.

3. Provincial Investors, Entrepreneurs
Most provinces and territories in Canada have an agreement with the Government of Canada that lets them nominate immigrants who want to settle there.
You must apply in two stages.
1. First, you must apply to the province or territory where you want to live. It will review your application based on two things:

• its immigration needs and
• if you really plan to live there.

2. After a province or territory nominates you, you must apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for permanent residence. A CIC officer will assess your application based on Canadian rules.
As part of the process, you will have to pass a medical exam and get a police check (certificate). All immigrants must have these checks, no matter where they plan to live in Canada.
Please refer to the Provincial Nominees Section below for details regarding programs under each province.

1. Federal skilled workers

As of May 4, 2013, CIC re-opened the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) to 24 eligible occupations, in addition to applicants with a qualifying job offer or those applying under the PhD stream. As of this same date, all applications are subject to the new FSWP selection criteria, namely, language testing and foreign educational credential assessments.

• CIC will only accept 5,000 applications in total from May 4, 2013 to April 30, 2014, in the eligible occupations stream.
• Within the 5,000 applications, CIC will only accept 300 in each priority occupation.
• In the PhD stream, CIC will accept 1,000 applications from May 4, 2013 to April 30, 2014.
• There is no cap on applications with a qualifying job offer.

Eligibility criteria:
– A prospective applicant should ensure they meet at least one of the following requirements:
• They have at least one year of continuous work experience in one of the 24 eligible occupations as per below;
• They have a qualifying offer of arranged employment; or
• They are eligible to apply through the PhD stream. To apply under this stream, you must have either:
– finished at least two years of study in Canada towards a PhD, or
– graduated from a Canadian PhD program in the 12 months before we get your application

If prospective applicants are confident that they meet at least one of the above requirements, they must also meet the minimum language threshold, obtain an educational credential assessment (if submitting a foreign educational credential) and meet all requirements of the FSW Program.

– Eligible Occupations List (with their corresponding 2011 National Occupation Classification code) are as follows:
• 0211 Engineering managers
• 1112 Financial and investment analysts
• 2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers
• 2131 Civil engineers
• 2132 Mechanical engineers
• 2134 Chemical engineers
• 2143 Mining engineers
• 2144 Geological engineers
• 2145 Petroleum engineers
• 2146 Aerospace engineers
• 2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers)
• 2154 Land surveyors
• 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
• 2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
• 2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety
• 3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
• 3142 Physiotherapists
• 3143 Occupational Therapists
• 3211 Medical laboratory technologists
• 3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants
• 3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
• 3215 Medical radiation technologists
• 3216 Medical sonographers
• 3217 Cardiology technicians and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists, n.e.c.(not elsewhere classified)


2. Federal skilled Trades Program

The Federal Skilled Trades Program is for people who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade.
CIC will only accept 3,000 complete federal skilled trade applications for processing each year (from May 4, 2013 to April 30, 2014).
Within the 3,000 cap, no more than 100 new applications for certain jobs will be considered for processing each year. There is no sub-cap for other skilled trades.

The following is a list of skills accepted:
Group A – Jobs with sub-caps of 100 applications each (and their corresponding 2011 NOC code)
• 7202 Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations
• 7204 Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades
• 7205 Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers
• 7271 Carpenters
• 7301 Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades
• 7302 Contractors and supervisors, heavy equipment operator crews
• 8211 Supervisors, logging and forestry
• 8221 Supervisors, mining and quarrying
• 8222 Contractors and supervisors, oil and gas drilling services
• 8241 Logging machinery operators
• 8252 Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers
• 9211 Supervisors, mineral and metal processing
• 9212 Supervisors, petroleum, gas and chemical processing and utilities
• 9214 Supervisors, plastic and rubber products manufacturing
• 9231 Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing
• 9241 Power engineers and power systems operators
• 9243 Water and waste treatment plant operators
Group B – no sub-caps (2011 NOC code)
• 7231 Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors
• 7233 Sheet metal workers
• 7235 Structural metal and plate work fabricators and fitters
• 7236 Ironworkers
• 7237 Welders and related machine operators
• 7241 Electricians (except industrial and power system)
• 7242 Industrial electricians
• 7243 Power system electricians
• 7244 Electrical power line and cable workers
• 7245 Telecommunications line and cable workers
• 7246 Telecommunications installation and repair workers
• 7251 Plumbers
• 7252 Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers
• 7253 Gas fitters
• 7311 Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics
• 7312 Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
• 7313 Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics
• 7314 Railway carmen/women
• 7315 Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors
• 7318 Elevator constructors and mechanics
• 7371 Crane operators
• 7372 Drillers and blasters – surface, mining, quarrying and construction
• 7373 Water well drillers
• 8231 Underground production and development miners
• 8232 Oil and gas well drillers, servicers, testers and related workers
• 9232 Petroleum, gas and chemical process operators

To apply, you must:
• plan to live outside the province of Quebec,
• meet the required levels in English or French for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening),
• have at least two years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the five years before you apply,
• meet all job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC), and
• have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a provincial or territorial body (refer to specific province for details regarding provincial licensing).


3. Canadian Experience Class

You need to meet the following requirements to be eligible to apply under the Canadian Experience Class:
• plan to live outside the province of Quebec
• have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
• have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization
• meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening).
According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:
• Managerial jobs (NOC skill type 0)
• Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
• Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)
From November 9, 2013 to October 31, 2014, CIC will accept a maximum of 12,000 new, complete applications under the Canadian Experience Class.
As of November 9, 2013, work experience in the following National Occupation Classification (NOC) B occupations (listed with the corresponding NOC code) will not be accepted in the CEC:
• Cooks (NOC 6322)
• Food service supervisors (NOC 6311)
• Administrative officers (NOC 1221)
• Administrative assistants (NOC 1241)
• Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311)
• Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211)
For all other NOC B occupations, CIC will accept up to 200 applications per occupation. Once the cap is reached, CIC will no longer accept applications for that occupation. Once CIC receives 12,000 complete CEC applications, they will no longer accept any application for processing, even if there are occupational caps that have not been filled.

Most provinces and territories in Canada have an agreement with the Government of Canada that lets them nominate immigrants who want to settle there.

You must apply in two stages.


1. First, you must apply to the province or territory where you want to live. It will review your application based on two things:

• its immigration needs and
• if you really plan to live there.
The criteria vary and can change without notice so it is very important to remain updated.


2. After a province or territory nominates you, you must apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for permanent residence. A CIC officer will assess your application based on Canadian rules.

As part of the process, you will have to pass a medical exam and get a police check (certificate). All immigrants must have these checks, no matter where they plan to live in Canada.
Refer to each individual province/territory to identify the specific programs available in each:
• Alberta
• British Columbia
• Manitoba
• New Brunswick
• Newfoundland and Labrador
• Northwest Territories
• Nova Scotia
• Ontario
• Prince Edward Island
• Saskatchewan
• Yukon


Submit your online assessment

Online Assessment

Click here to submit your online assessment. We will email you the results once our assessment is complete.

Would you like to know if you are eligible to immigrate to Canada? Do you know that there are over 60 separate immigration streams offered under the Provincial Nominee Program alone and much more including the Federal Programs.

If you are found to be eligible and would like to proceed, we will then determine the relative fees based on the program(s) selected.

Please note that accuracy is very important when entering your details in order to reasonably determine your eligibility under the specific program(s).

Receive the latest news in your email